The Center provides the following services to children and their families
- Crisis Intervention Services
- Assistance and support in coping with abuse
- Case management services including assistance with obtaining medical care, counseling, and other necessary social services along with monthly team case review meeting
- Criminal Justice Advocacy and Information including victim compensation, and help in obtaining orders of protection, assisting in preparing children for court process, and accompanying families to criminal court proceedings.
- Short term counseling and referrals for therapy services
- Education and prevention presentations and resources
Crisis Response Victim Advocacy Program strives to alleviate the burden of finding services for our community members 0-25 who have been witness to or experienced a crime. Witnesses and victims are referred directly from Decatur Police Department.
- Identify and promote healing for victims of crime.
- Provide or coordinate prevention and intervention services to youth and families experiencing trauma and victimization.
- Build capacity within communities to meet the needs of youth exposed to violence.
- Provide trauma informed supportive and therapy services
Abuse is a community Problem
The Child 1st Center partners with Macon County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and other community agencies to raise awareness and promote prevention of child maltreatment.